Top 5 Tips to kick start your day
1. DRINK 1.5 litres of water as soon as you wake up. While we are asleep our bodies use 3 litres of water, therefore we need to replace this to combat dehydration. This will also kick start the detoxification process, flushing out any remaining toxins and helping you feel refreshed and full of energy ready to start the day.
2. Drink hot water with lemon, this aid’s in alkalizing the body along with aiding in digestion and stimulating the digestive enzymes, that stimulates the detoxification of the liver, the most important detoxification organ. Along with a shot of Vitamin C that boosts the immune system and helps in the detox process by nutralising free radicals.
3. Move around, get up get up and get down JUMP!!!!!
Get out of bed and do 50 star jumps this will kick start the lymphatic system to really get things moving. The Lymphatic system is important in the detoxification process as the lymphatic vessels move clear liquid called lymph around the body which is essentially a recycled blood plasma, which plays an important part in removing toxins from the body. As the lymphatic system isn’t pumped by a muscle it is stimulated by us moving, therefore moving around will really help to kick start this process.
4. Light some incense, this completely sets the mood for your day, allowing you to be calm. The smell of the incense has the ability to really bring you back to YOU, to a place of calm where you can go about your day in a calm collected manner and not feel overwhelmed by the day the ahead, instead you will float into the day ahead with calm attitude.
5. Play some music, put on some mediation music, this again has the ability to really calm the mind and help you to put things in order and be able to prioritise. If you prefer something a little more energetic to get you going this can also help to prepare you for your day. Set the tone for the day you want with the music you listen to, you must be the right mood for the results you want. If you listen to toxic music you will feel toxic. If you listen to calming or energising music that will be result of how you feel.